Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Blissful Beach


Today was a beautiful day at the beach. After swimming in the pool with Dad, Mikayla wanted to go into the ocean. Her reaction once the water was past her ankles, was sheer terror. She completely panicked and clung to me like the ocean water was battery acid waiting to devour her. Luckily, the joyous experience was captured on video for future reminiscing. After we finished traumatizing our daughter, we took a taxi into town and ate lunch. Mikayla fulfilled another one of her goals - as she tried duck today. She wasn't very fond of it but neither did she hate it. After lunch, we strolled around town and bought some souvenirs (Betty and Nana Lou scored today). We then headed back to our hotel where Mikayla took a much needed nap while Jess and I read books. I have removed my watch since arriving here and it was so refreshing to lay in a hammock, watching the waves roll in and simply be. Jess is playing pool with a Danish young man as I write this. We are getting ready to go and eat supper so I'll close for now

3 comments:

Lou & Dave said...

Okay so now you are going to have to pay for therapy of at least 10 years after that. Too bad about the duck, I thought you where awfully brave Mikayla to want to try duck.... I hope mom went for a swim in the ocean and i certainly am glad not to see Jess in his speedo.

Lou & Dave said...

I have another thought why not take pictures of all the great jewelry store there, hint hint hint.....

Love Dave

Anonymous said...

Jess has a SPEEDO?????????? That I'd like to see! After all, he is a bit.....what was that word????....STALKEY???????