Tuesday, August 14, 2007

One more sleep!

Well, here we are at 9:30pm the day before we leave. Jess is out buying some real luggage tags (as opposed to the paper ones we have from our last flight) while I have been finishing up some housework. Our two bags are well under the fifty pound limit and Mikayla's little backpack, my camera bag and Jess' backpack are ready to go. It is a good thing that we are travelling soon. I can't keep up this frenzied-nesting-pace much longer :) I have cleaned out the garage, made runs to good will, gone to the dump, finished the back to school shopping, sent out invites to Tananya's dedication (in October), taken care of all kinds of paperwork and bills, had a tea party with Mikayla in our princess dresses and many other things in the last two days alone! I am soooooooooo excited to be leaving in the morning! To think that Tananya will be in my arms in 10 1/2 days is an awesome feeling. It is also surreal. After waiting for so long, a very long wait for referral and then this tremendous wait since we first laid eyes on Tananya's picture on Dec 2, 2006 until travel approval, it almost feels like she is just a dream. But now I know that this dream is about to become reality, and that a real little toddler is going to sleep in that darling crib and make messes in that cute high chair and laugh and cry. I can't wait to kiss her soft cheeks and hold her little fingers. Can't wait until she is all mine! Mikayla made a picture for her foster family today. I told her that she could draw anything she wanted. I was very moved to see a picture of her in the middle, her foster mother and I beside her. She is giving her foster mother the canvas bag with Mikayla's picture on it. There is a red heart sticker on my chest and a heart on Mikayla's foster mother too. It is very sweet. Of her own accord, she also made a picture for Anson that says "Welcome Home Anson. I love you Anson" which she laid on his Cars bed this evening. After only one day, she misses him. Speaking of Anson, I called my Mum a few minutes ago. She had just walked in the door. They didn't have any trouble getting across the border. She gave the phone to Anson who had been sleeping and he mumbled an almost unrecognizable, "I love you. Good night" I don't know when I will be able to talk with him again :( But I know he is in loving hands. Jess is home now so I'd best help finish up the kitchen! Until next time!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I am going to keep checking up so please keep us posted as best you can. I am so excited for you.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet your new addition. Bright and early tomorrow, you'll be at the airport and heading over the pond. Our prayers are with you daily!
Mike (the other half...) :-)

hirallysantiago@gmail.com said...

Have an awesome trip...definetely looking orward to hearing how it all went down and seeing pictures of your family of 5 when you get back. Our prayers with you!

hirally (holt mom)