Thursday, August 16, 2007

Getting Much Closer

Well, we have arrived in Hong Kong. It is 6:48pm August 16 in Hong Kong and I have completely lost the time of day on the west coast. The flight from San Fransico to Hong Kong was 14 hours long! I had forgotten how long 14 hours is when you are in a cramped little seat. Mikayla has been fantastic! She has only slept 2-3 hours since we left and is remarkably chipper. I haven't slept at all. Jess, Gail and Irene have slept a little. We will all be ready for bed once we arrive in Ho Chi Minh City at 9:00pm local time. Our next flight is a mere 2 and 1/2 hours! Small potatoes compared to the flight we just got off of. Our flight was uneventful with the exception that the only movie I was interested in watching was prematurely turned off. But no big loss there. I had to buy a beverage for $38 Hong Kong Dollars to use this computer here at the airport. Not sure what the conversion rate is but it doesn't matter. I got the chance to speak with Anson from the Portland Airport this morning - I guess I mean yesterday morning. (The joys of crossing the date line :) - Mikayla has been so confused as to why is hasn't gotten dark yet). Anyways, back to Anson. He was happy to be at Nana Lou's and wanted me to come and see his special bed. I'm not sure when I will get access to a computer again but we wanted to let you know that we made it to Hong Kong without any problems. It is great to be so much closer to Tananya. Watching Mikayla on this trip so far has been a real joy. To her, this is a grand adventure and she told me again today how much she is looking forward to numerous things, one thing in particular being the chance to try duck - something she has spoken of for months. I'd better get ready to head off the our gate. I will post again as soon as I can. And now a special message for Anson. WE LOVE AND MISS YOU ANSON!!!! Mummy, Daddy, Kayla, Nana and Papa send you hugs and kisses. Have fun at the swimming pool and park. I hope that you found a really great bike! Bye-bye for now, Mummy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn!
I love the updates! I hope you find some time to post some more! Also thank you from NIcholas for his birthday present! Must send you a photo of our little "Stuntman".
Enjoy the travels!!
Wendy